Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I Keep Forgetting

How apt. A month since my last post: I'm still hiding behind the whole moving house/baby excuse for not getting busier with the blog. Life just keeps getting in the way. I finally moved the double bed out of the 'studio' (spare bedroom) now that we're getting some sleep and I don't have to use it for catching up on zeds. A bit more space, but it still feels tight, and needs some acoustic treatment - all that mattress/bedding worked ok. Suffice to say, there's not much actual studio work going on at present, but I managed to get a version of my Michael McDonald edit sorted enough to post here.

A sublime and absolute classic track from the former Doobies singer, as sampled by Warren G. This is either sacrilege or manna, depending on your attitude, though concerns of the former never stopped me before - too much of a good thing being preferable to not enough in my book...

I've had a lot of requests for re-ups, and when I get some time I intend to repost everything using Z Share or Media Fire, or another of those ad-ridden file hosting services - at least the stuff'll be there for longer than two weeks for those of you new to this blog. My website is still a way off, and physical releases not likely before the onset of winter...


Michael McDonald - I Keep Forgetting (Floorman Edit) mp3 (MediaFire)

I Keep Forgetting (Flooman Edit).mp3


Shouts out to DJ Anonymous, Captains Crate and Beat Electric, who've all been providing the soundtrack to my summer so far. Honourable mention to LeBaron, whose rips sound incredible compared to the norm thanks to a highly modified Technics 1200 and audiophile phono stage - I may be spending some cash on similar mods soon.

Hope you enjoy this, do get in touch if you need anything that's disappeared (email me) and check back soon for more goodies...

No comments: